What’s Your Dream Bike?
We all have a dream bike (unless maybe you just got yours).
If there was absolutely nothing holding you back from getting the bike of your dreams…
What would it be?
To get the wheels spinning
I’ll tell you a little about my dream bike…
It all goes back to my first trip out to Moab, Utah in October of 2009.
There was a blurb in an email that I received about a group MTB trip headed out to Moab.
I got some information about the trip and told my husband I really wanted to go.
His response: “You’re telling me you want to go someplace you’ve never been, live with 10 people you’ve never met for 10 days, and you’re gonna have a good time?”
My response: “Yes! We’ll eat, sleep and ride for 10 days!”
And I had one of the best vacations I’ve ever had! Partly because a couple of the other women also raced and the entire group was pretty compatible.
Some had their bikes shipped out to Moab and were putting them together while I was at Poison Spider bike shop picking up the steed I had reserved.
I loved my current bike which was a full-suspension Specialized Marathon XC race bike, but I also knew it wouldn’t be as much fun on a XC bike out in Moab.
My rental was a Pivot Mach 5 and it was an incredible ride. And so my love of Pivot started with my first ride in Moab.
Two years later, in October of 2011, I went back to Moab with a group of friends.
This time our main objective was to experience the multi-day OuterBike event.
We got to the event early and walked around checking out all the bikes that were at our disposal.
When the gates opened I ran so I’d be the first one to the Pivot tent to claim that carbon bike!
The mechanic was laughing at me running toward him. I handed him my pedals with a big grin on my face.
He spent a few minutes fitting the bike to me as the others in my group were getting their bikes.
We all met back at the shuttle, got loaded and off we went to the trails for some awesome riding.
The bike felt so good, and I had such a great time, I didn’t want to give it back.
This year my dream bike comes in stealth black with green accents
The green is about the color of my car, where my bike lives year round.
You DO know that color is the most important buying decision, right?
Pivot says I can “Unleash my trail-slaying potential with the new Mach 6 Carbon – the world’s most versatile enduro/trail machine.”
Mach 6 Carbon features:
- Full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary hollow core internal molding technology
- 155mm (6.1”) of renowned dw-link® suspension
- 27.5-inch wheels for the fastest descents and superior rollover in technical terrain
- Pivot’s new ultra-stiff, DH-inspired, double-wishbone rear triangle design
- All new, cold-forged wider and stiffer upper and lower linkage design with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
- New 12 x 148mm Boost rear spacing for maximum stiffness and control
- Custom-tuned Fox Factory Kashima Float X shock with EVOL air sleeve
- All new internal cable routing, featuring Pivot’s Cable Port System and full Di2 integration
- KS Lev Integra dropper post
- New Pivot removable front derailleur mount for a clean frame design with 1X
- Post mount disc brake mounts for precision and weight savings
- PF92 bottom bracket for light weight, durability and ease of maintenance – now the industry-leading standard for high-end mountain bikes
- Rubberized leather chainstay, inner seat stay, and down tube protectors for a quiet ride and higher impact resistance
The carbon Stump Jumper 29er I currently ride is perfectly fine and I don’t NEED a full-suspension rig, but when I want to go bigger or would like a more comfortable ride every so often, that Pivot comes to mind. So for now the Mach 6 is acting as a “carrot” to reach a certain goal in my life.
And when I do, it’ll be time to reward myself!
Now it’s your turn
Tell us about YOUR dream bike. And why you deserve it (if you want to go there).
Before you go on a great trip like mountain biking in Moab, participate in a MTB Skills Clinic so you have the skills to have the best time out west!