Is this 2-Day Mountain Bike Skills Clinic right for you?
This clinic is geared toward riders who have at least a solid year or two of mountain biking; it is NOT meant for brand new riders. You must have adequate fitness and endurance to be able to ride at least 8 miles each day in addition to the skills sessions. This is the program that will help you level up your mountain bike skills!
If you’re an adult and can relate to one or more of the following, this clinic may be just what you need.
- You’ve been riding consistently but aren’t making any improvements. (Contrary to popular belief, just riding more doesn’t develop skills.)
- You try to ride more challenging and technical terrain but you’d like to reduce the number of “Oh, sh*t!” moments you experience.
- You resort to momentum and brute force (and ignorance?) to muscle through/over obstacles.
- You see how easy other riders make maneuvers look but it’s exhausting for you. (Efficiency is key!)
- You love the sport but are tired of getting banged up. (We’ll teach you how to improve balance and control.)
- You don’t seem to be getting any faster. (We’ll fix that!)
- You’re able to get both wheels off the ground with clipless pedals but you depend on being fastened to your bike to do it. (Learn how to do it the right way.)
- You’ve developed some bad habits that are holding you back, and you may not even realize it. (No more getting held back!)
You’ll receive additional information about what to bring, where to meet, and more after you’ve reserved your place and submitted your registration form.
This 2-Day MTB Skills Clinic starts at 9:00 AM and wraps up at 4:00 PM each day. Please arrive by 8:45 so you have time to get checked in and are ready to rock ‘n’ roll at 9:00. We’ll take up to an hour for a lunch break.
The first day begins with a review of the fundamental skills which are the foundation required for more advanced maneuvers. Throughout the weekend you’ll build upon that foundation using a series of progressions. We’ll spend time practicing on the trails and will session a variety of trail features to reinforce the maneuvers you learned.
- Various techniques for lifting wheels to handle obstacles and different types of terrain
- How to tackle technical climbs and descend in control
- Tips and body positioning to improve your ability to corner at higher speeds
- How to approach and navigate roll downs and drops
- How to catch some air and stick your landings
- How to use the terrain to improve your flow and have more fun on your bike
- So much more!
There are no reviews yet.