So you want to mountain bike and learn some fundamental MTB skills?
Good for you. Mountain biking makes you feel like a kid again!
But if you don’t know some of the basic skills, you’ll likely learn the HARD way. That’s how I first learned and I can tell you it’s NOT the ideal way to learn!
This clinic is great for those who have recent cycling experience but little or no mountain biking or off-road experience. It’s also great for those who have been riding for years but never got any instruction on how to use body positioning to maneuver the bike and reduce those undesirable outcomes that may be occurring during rides.
The “Fundamentals” clinic will build your confidence and help you ride more safely.
We’ll focus on fundamental MTB skills like:
- Basic bike setup (we’ll make minor adjustments as necessary)
- Bike Safety check (learn what to check for to ensure your bike is ready to ride)
- Dynamic body positioning (every other mountain biking skill builds off this)
- Braking techniques (so you stay in control and don’t go over the bars)
- Gearing and cadence (learn to pedal more efficiently to save energy and save your drivetrain)
- Picking good lines (techniques to use to determine the best line for your ability)
- Climbing and descending (how to climb efficiently and feel safe going downhill)
You’ll learn the tips and techniques to improve your skills and, with some practice, you’ll find yourself riding at the next level in no time.
You may even find other participants you can ride with after the clinic (some of my favorite riding buddies were students in my clinics).
Register and participate in BOTH the Fundamentals Clinic AND the Maneuvers Clinic on the same day you’ll get a discount of $49.
Maneuvers Clinics are generally scheduled in the afternoon on the same days as the Fundamentals Clinics. The Fundamentals Clinic is a prerequisite for the Maneuvers Clinic.
The Fundamentals Clinic is generally from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. We take an hour break for lunch then the Maneuvers Clinic goes from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Are you ready to improve upon some of your fundamental MTB skills and have some FUN at the same time?
Then scroll back up, complete the Registration Form, choose the Clinic Date, Check Out and let’s do this!
See ya out there!
These clinics are similar to the “Beginner” clinics we do at NEMBAfest at Kingdom Trails in Vermont.